Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Couscous Heart Pin

I must admit I'm a big fan of couscous, always have been, always will be. And of course this is all due to the fact that my mother makes the best couscous in the world. This statement is an actual fact and can be backed up by my brothers and all the weight I gain every time she visits.

Today I thought it might be fun to take this food and make a heart pin out of it. You are not using that much, so it's not very wasteful, but it still enough for you to remember how important food is to us this time of year.


You'll need
Mod Podge
Glue
Paint
Wood heart shape
Pinback
Couscous
Bowl
Ribbon
Fabric flower
Spoon
Sponge brush

Pour Mod Podge into your bowl of couscous and mix it well with the spoon.

Use your fingers to pack your wood heart shape with the couscous.

Once you pack the couscous on your bowl, let it dry for a few hours.

Use your sponge brush to paint your heart.


Put a dap of glue in the middle of your heart.

Place your fabric flower on top of the glue and push down on it a little bit so it doesn't stick up too much. In between this step and the next step we also glued the ribbon on the outside of the heart, but I forgot to take a photo of it!

Glue your pinback to the back of your heart design. We were lucky and found a pinpack that was actually already attached to a strip of sticker.

Pin your beautiful pin to your outfit to sass it up!

1 comment:

Raige Creations said...

awesome! I love couscous too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...